• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I edit in Photoshop from Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running CS4 Master Suite on Mac 10.5.8 and in other CS versions of Illustrator, I could select the image I just placed and click "Edit Original" and the image would then open in Photoshop. Now the "Edit Original" is grayed out. I am sure it's a simple setting I am overlooking and I tried to search the forum, but get an admin error when trying to search the forum no matter what info I add in the search field. It seems the forum is all Adobe what's to give us as far as tech support....and now it is giving errors!

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

The file has to be placed as a Link, not embedded. If you go to the links panel and see a little graphic icon next to the link then you image is embedded. Select the link in the Links Panel and click the Go to Link icon at the bottom of the panel, this will center you up on the image so you can confirm it is the image you want to relink to. Now click the Relink Icon at the bottom of the Links panel. Navigate to the image which was placed. This will relink or update the link. Once this is done yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know of a MacOS equivalent of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Take a look at the following article to move designs between Photoshop and Illustrator for a different workflow that suits your design objectives: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/move-designs-between-photoshop-illustrator.html

Also, if you are looking to work with Illustrator design in Photoshop? See this: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/use-illustrator-artwork-in-photoshop.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines