• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get rid of the white lines? They're here even after I rasterize.

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a swatch pattern but it's confusing and still manages to have a white line. At this point it's just getting frustrating and confusing and I'm just lost.

111.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

If you didn't use Object > Pattern > Make, then you need to have a rectagle that is underneath all of the objects in the pattern. That rectangle should have no fill and no stroke -- it must be underneath everything. Then select everything and make a pattern.

If you use Object > Pattern > Make, you can adjust the amount of space between pattern repeats using the Pattern panel that appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When do you see those lines, in Illustrator or when exporting as an image?

How do you make your pattern, with Object > Pattern > Make or by creating a rectangle behind the pattern content?

With both option it is good to check the size of your pattern in Pixels and make sure that the width and height numbers don't contain fractions. A fractional pixel does not exist and will be rounded, which can cause the lines on screen and on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the lines in Illustrator, and I made it by making a rectangle then changing the gradient in the original shape to get the thick lines, I couldn't figure out another way to do it. Then I put tiny circles over the rectangle to get the little sparkles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of the rectangle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 inch x 5 inch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 INCH = 360 PX no fractions. Can you share an Illustrator example of the problem?

CC filesharing, Dropbox, WeTransfer ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have dropbox but I have no clue how to share what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't use Object > Pattern > Make, then you need to have a rectagle that is underneath all of the objects in the pattern. That rectangle should have no fill and no stroke -- it must be underneath everything. Then select everything and make a pattern.

If you use Object > Pattern > Make, you can adjust the amount of space between pattern repeats using the Pattern panel that appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I didn't realize the rectangle behind had to have both the no fill and no stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines