Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get rid of these pointy corners

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_6741.jpeg

When I increase the stroke, the pointy things appear. How do I get rid of them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the miter limit in the Strokes panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is the correct answer but sometime in the last year I actually stumbled across how Miter works and it helps me when I understand something vs. just doing it because someone told me, so I thought I'd share it here:

Miter Join 

Creates stroked lines with pointed corners. Enter a miter limit between 1 and 500. The miter limit controls when the program switches from a mitered (pointed) join to a beveled (squared-off) join. The default miter limit is 10, which means that when the length of the point reaches ten times the stroke weight, the program switches from a miter join to a bevel join. A miter limit of 1 results in a bevel join.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shiny Pinaple,

If you wish to have (moderately) pointed corners (especially fitting the overall shape/appearance), the safe(st) way is to reorganize the lines of the paths so that the outermost line form one closed path and to have the inner lines as open paths; this will reduce the corner angles to match the outer path/shape instaed of spiking out of it.

Edit: Hi Kurt, maybe real spring here at last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could check out this video which schows different methods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OUwr_GFwkA 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternative - if it does not have to be pointed corners - would be rounded corners (adjustable in the Stroke Panel). The radius corresponds to half the stroke width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines