• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make this? Or is there a tutorial for this, if so what's it called please?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kinda new to this, so any Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 23.21.58.pnghelp would be appreciated.....Anyone know how i'd go about making a sign like this with the bevelled edge and gradient light effect please?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

You need this with personalization? Or just how to do it generally?

Generally: draw a rectangle and then make the 2 bottom corners with inside rounding in the transform panel or using the widget.

Then apply a fat stroke and apply the 3D & materials Inflate just to that stroke in the Appearance panel. Set the material to Gold and adjust to your delight

Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-03 um 00.44.06.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-03-03 um 00.44.03.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-03-03 um 00.43.56.png

For the text: you could apply a gradient to it or also use 3D & materials.

Gradient on text: How to apply a gradient to text in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need this with personalization? Or just how to do it generally?

Generally: draw a rectangle and then make the 2 bottom corners with inside rounding in the transform panel or using the widget.

Then apply a fat stroke and apply the 3D & materials Inflate just to that stroke in the Appearance panel. Set the material to Gold and adjust to your delight

Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-03 um 00.44.06.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-03-03 um 00.44.03.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-03-03 um 00.43.56.png

For the text: you could apply a gradient to it or also use 3D & materials.

Gradient on text: How to apply a gradient to text in Illustrator

3D: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/create-3d-graphics.html 

Appearance panel: How to Use And Read Illustrator's Appearance Panel 

Shapes: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/shapes-basics.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really just the plaque I need to make, I will try to follow your instructions and find all the bits, yours looks amazing, you've made it look so easy....to this novice it seems super complex! Thanks for your advice x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the German interface: https://youtu.be/SN7cvdamkcQ

Fenster = Window

Aussehen = Appearance

Aufblasen = Inflate

One thing is important to note: This will not be a pure vector image.

If you need this in pure vector for some reason, then you will need to do it differently (and it will depend on your needs what is appropriate) e.g. like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4XkVXaK39I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you need this vector? I would do in Photoshop where you have Bevel & Emboss layer effect.

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 7.32.16 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines