• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn off Applying Art Brush

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is driving me mad every time I copy and paste etc I get this message and

it causing weird effects over my illustration

If anyone can help I would be grateful

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What message and weird effects do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kurt

Basically the message which keeps coming up in a panel is Applying Art Brush every time I try to copy and paste 

I have attached a screen shot and you will see

Also when I have been copying and pasting and this message comes up at times I am getting great brush strokes and panels of colour appearing over my illustration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet strawberries.

Apart from that, without taking a look at a sample Illustrator file I can only guess that for whatever reason some pretty complex art brushes (probably with a lot of anchor points) are being reapplied to some rather complex paths.

It might just be normal that it takes some time to process, therefore the progress bar is appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I get what you are saying but I don't understand why this message 'Applying Art Brush' would pop up

when I am not doing any colouring with the Art Brush, just copying and pasting the illustration.

I was colouring with the brush but that was over 3 hours ago

Regards Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you reboot the computer since then? Maybe that clears up a few things.

If it doesn't, please show us before and after pasting (the weird strokes that appear).

Better yet as Kurt Gold already asked: upload the file so one might take a look at it in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines