• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn off marquee zoom in Illustrator?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes randomly when I use the zoom shortcut (Shift + Space and drag up down to zoom) it randomly changes into marquee zoom, and drags a rectangle and zooms into it. I don't want it, it's bloody annoying and disorientating. How do I turn it off? The search results online only show how to turn it ON, but I want to turn it OFF, is it possible?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

If you turn on Animated Zoom in Preferences > Performance the Marquee Zoom wil be off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn on Animated Zoom in Preferences > Performance the Marquee Zoom wil be off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not seems to fix it for me, didn't try to restart illustrator but it would be annoying when you suddenly cannot drag and zoom(drag right to zoom in, left to zoom out like in adobe ps) and had to restart illustrator just to disable the random marquee zoom 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp cannot delete nor edit post, since then here is another solution if your preference > performance > animated zoom is turned on and you still have your marquee zoom, go to View (on the left of Window & and on the right of Effect) on the top of your illustrator and untick overprint preview, idk about other previews, but my drag zoom doing fine without any previews ticked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way I have been able to get it to reset to animated zoom is by shutting down the program and restarting. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines