• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Turn Off That Annoying Tour Window?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked everywhere in the Preferences, but I cannot locate that horribly annoying Tour window that covers my work whenever I use Illustrator. Can someone show me how to turn it off (no, it's not the Welcome Screen...)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Hi all,

We're extremely sorry to hear about this trouble.  I understand how distracting and frustrating it could be. Ideally, it should stop once you close it. We're currently investigating is issue but unfortunately couldn't replicate this behavior at our end. 

We need your help replicating this issue. In case you are still facing this issue, please feeel free to send us a DM. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

This issue is listed as 'fixed' in version 25.4:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/kb/fixed-issues.html

If you have updated and are still experiencing it or something similar, it may be worth posting on the uservoice link in that page to give details, or alerting Srishti here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have nothing to add to the conversation other than to say I have it, and every other day I search around for a way to turn it off, and fail - finding this thread today.

Allow me to describe my reaction to stuff like this, and why I think Adobe is completely off the mark using these kinds of tactics. I get it that you want to constantly insert yourselves into our window of attention to either upmarket add-ons / stock or just make us "feel good" about our subscription. Wrong approach.

Creative / intellectual work is at it's most productive when a focused flow is established and maintained for as long as possible. Just ask your developers - software is the same. I minimize any possible distractions, put the phone on silent, and put as much of my brain on the task as I can muster.

While your insertions certainly serve your own interests, the fact that they cannot be elimitated makes them an "anti-feature"  Every now and then when these things occur, it serves as a reminder of how badgering customers instead of serving their needs is apparently Product Management's priority these days. It reflects badly on Adobe and the Illustrator brand - and trust me, it matters to me how you treat me.

All of which is to say, I don't achieve my desired state of productive flow as soon as I'd like. An anti-feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%. I first became a certified Photoshop expert over 20 years ago, and I can say for sure up until recently workflow was accelerated now it's being slowed by things like this. Complete nuisance, trips me up ten times per day, every day, at work. So yes, Adobe is not so interested in usability and they are in marketing for sure in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair to Adobe I got a PM from their support asking for details, have to give them credit for that, more than many companies would do. I showed them these screencaps on how Photoshop always popsup that same panel a few seconds in then it comes back later and steals focus from whatever I'm trying to do so the software doesnt't work until I wait for it to go away. I lose lots of time and frustration to this thing. Obviously have tried every variation of turning off tooltips. I never want tooltips, ever, as long as I live. it should be a registry function, i.e. "workspace_interruptions=0". cap.jpgcap2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have ALL been getting PM's from adobe - BUT NOTHING happens. It is a ruse to placate people and then Nada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Adobe I'm willing to work with them. Software development is not easy. As long as they are trying I will stick by them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have ALL been getting PM's from adobe "since 2017 - BUT NOTHING happens. It is a ruse to placate people and then Nada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop since the 90s, I've seen bugs come and go, it is what it is. Not going to change my workflow but I would definitely appreciate this one being squashed. ♥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DCaseyARt_0-1618787341934.png

Srishti, this needs to stop!  Again, I'm wasting precious time stopping this thing.  It just turns itself back on.  When I click it, it opens into a sales screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the blue "Get started with fun..." bubble below the Light Bulb icon all the time. Sometimes I can't dismiss it, and it hangs the whole program when I try. I can unhang it enough to at least save my work by going into Task Manager and End Task-ing all the Illustrator "Adobe CEP HTML Engine" subprocesses. BIG pain the the rear. Disappointed that you can't manage to fix it. Version 25.3.1 (64-bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cartertp

I understand this is distracting. I would request if you could update the application to 25.4 and let us know if that helps resolving the issue. 

If the issue still persists, please reply to my DM for further troubleshooting.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install older versions of Photoshop and hoping it will go away. Lose features but need to get rid of this, it's getting worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

We're extremely sorry about this annoying behavior. I understand this is pending from a long time. The product team needs your help with this investigation. The users that I have written to on this thread haven't agreed for 1:1 investigation. If any one of you is ready to work with the team to help us reproduce and investigate the issue, please send me a DM.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srishti - yet another inane answer.
HOW DO WE DM YOU ?????

This is just a waste of time giving people FALSE hope and no result.

THIS PROBLEM HAS EXISTED FOR OVER 4 YEARS.

DM me if you want more info >> Where Ever the DM is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who do not intimately know adobe software - you may find this link to DM Srishti - since she cannot put this direct link here herself.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/14648992

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She's just the messenger, man. I get the frustration, but she's made the offer, so cool. Sending a DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@STOP-SPAMMING-ME  I am sorry, I should have shared the link. 

@BinaryRhyme @default3cdxpn07bok3  Thank you for your help. Looking forward to work with you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am happy to engage in 1:1 to help get this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I think I've got it figured out. when the tip pops up, hit the "OK" and the "learn" pane will show up, hit the hamburger menu on the 'learn' pane and hit 'close panel', the tip will pop up again, hit "OK" again. do a clean exit and start illustrator again, open up a file and (at least for me) I don't see it anymore, we'll see if it sticks but seems to have gone away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a "hamburger menu" ANYWHERE in this stupidly designed program.
What version of Illustrator are you running???
Mine is 25.2.1 (64 bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can just alternatively right click on "LEARN" tab and hit close. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT?
If it was that easy no one would be here complaining for nearly 5 years.
Another idiot who THINKS but does not know. Pls crawl back into your cave and do NOT THINK.
PERHAPS you should Back-Read the posts before you open your mouth..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW genius, I asked you what version of AI you are running and you COMPLETELY ignored my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, hostile much? what I described completely solved the issue for me, I've rebooted my workstation and opened up multiple files and I haven't seen the stupid the pop-up since I did this.

I've been using Illustrator since 1990 and have been doing so professionally since the 2000s. excuse me for forgetting to mention I'm on 25.2.3 64bit, Win10 - I assume everyone's always on the latest stable build. Sheesh.

It's people like you that makes no one wants to help with anything. Yes, I did read the last three pages and tried to provide constructive input and provide what worked for me. BTW, why are you behind on your version, what would stop you from updating? You know, complaining about software you pirated is a lot like complaining about the issues you have with a stolen car. 

I'll happily crawl back to my cave because I'm quite content that MY Illustrator doesn't have the stupid-annoying pop-up tip anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, you made a "I THINK" suggestion and like most people making these inane suggestions, you supplied nothing but suppositions and innuendos and when asked for the version you are running, you completely ignored my request.

The FACT that this problem has been around since 2017 and the amount of stupis people posting I THINK suggestions since then leaves little room for patience with the dull and the ignorant.

I am updating now and since this problem has been around for almost 5 years, I do NOT expect a miracle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work.  There is no hamburger menu.  You may might have an older version or are referring to another pop up.   Can you post a screenshot of the what you are seeing?  I tried closing and the damn thing keeps coming back.  I close and restart but there it is again.  Why is there no check box to disable it?  Why in the !#$% hasn't this been fixed after all these years?  Is Adobe insane?   

Rickyaz_0-1622153403575.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines