• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you remove triple strokes in an object?

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Illustrator. 

For some reason, I am having issues with my object having triple strokes. What could be the cause of this, so I can avoid this from reoccuring in the future? Most importantly, how do I fix this as I have yet to find a solution?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot with the object or path selected and the Appearance panel and Layer panel in view? Since strokes can be added at several levels it may be something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response Larry. Here is a screen shot for your review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a better example with the triple strokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you generate this figure? There seem to be multiple paths which are overlapping. Can you post the file on a file sharing site and post a link to it here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please select the object and then using the layers panel menu search for it and then make a screenshot where we can actually see it in the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you didn't post the layers panel with the object selected, it is hard to see exactly what is going on, however it looks like a complex stroke has been created. If you don't like it, go to the bottom of the Appearance Panel (Window>Appearance) and clear it.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 11.01.18 AM.png

 If that doesn't resolve the issue, then we need to see the layers panel with the object selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines