Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does the crop function work?!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

so i updated my Illustrator cc to latest release with crop feature, however the crop feature is so stupid? Who the hell tho this? If i crop image, most of the time i find randomly created white rectangles? How to make them disappear?! Crop would be nice, if you would make it better, not that bad!!!adobe.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Hi Pan,

Yeah, I was able to reproduce the same with keeping the PPI in play. I would go ahead and report it as a bug. Request you to do it as well. Here's a link for that: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen all the time or just with specific images?

I'm asking because I never experienced this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening almost all time, sometimes it doesnt happen, but when crop the same image, it shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.png2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide the necessary steps (and files) so that someone is able to reproduce the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1: Create new document, size doesn't matter.

2: Paste the following image, however, it can be any image:

3: Cut the image, but keep the 3 rows as they rae, move only one.

4: Browse with 64 000% zoom the image, white box appear on one (or more) side.

Booklet_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like this:

Interesting, now this didnt happen.help.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, when i crop imgae, that was resized it again happened: help2.pnghelp3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, i cannot eddit my answers, just show progress bar when i click actions here on forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same "Actions" edit issue. Been looking elsewhere in the forum for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rcraighead ,

This is a known issue (just posted in the ACP forums about a patch we're releasing tomorrow), but here's another public thread about this: "Actions" to edit a post isn't working on some browsers

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pan,

I was not able to reproduce the same with image crop and then zooming at 64000%. I followed your workflow. Please try toggling between GPU and CPU and check if that makes a difference. Shortcut is "Ctrl+E".

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ohmnath,

could you make the image smaller in Ai, so it has about 600ppi, and try to crop again and tell if the problem is there?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pan,

Yeah, I was able to reproduce the same with keeping the PPI in play. I would go ahead and report it as a bug. Request you to do it as well. Here's a link for that: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ohmnath,

Thank you for your time, I will report it as bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case the bug report form gives you trouble selecting Illustrator as the product, here is another form:

Illustrator Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I will do the same, it's very easy to replicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to reproduce this and I suspect it has something to do with the resolution of the placed image.

If I place an image of 72 ppi or a multiple like 144 ppi, the crop does not give any white pixels at any of the sides

The same image, but with a resolution of 150 ppi gives, not always, but most of the time white pixels at one or more sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I think you are right, it has never happened when the image had only 72ppi, when i crop image, the image has about 600ppi and it gives white rectangles sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you get email form Adobe? Because I didn't... Do you know when approx. it will be fixed? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pan,

An exact date for the fix is difficult to suggest, however you can be assured that the issue is reported and it is in consideration for the development team. Should be fixed as soon as possible.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue to this day over 3 years after this was reported. VERY frustrating to have small white lines when cropping an images. This seems like it should be an easy fix especially with software that can do much more complex things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. It really is frustrating.😐 Still the white line appears 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two months later and still nothing? Wow, Adobe, you really sucks at providing bug fixes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone see any improvements? Becuase I'm having the same problem. Maybe I just need to update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines