• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to batch save multiple gifs in illustrator

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: I'd really like to see this feature in an adobe illustrator upgrade soon. The company I work for constantly creates gif files for variations of mastheads we create. Does anyone at least know of a script that will do it? I no longer handle this but I know it would save us time and I'd love to share with the other designer who oversees this now.

Context/ Example: We have an ai file or a handful of ai files, each containing about 15 artboards. Each of those 15 artboards needs to be saved as gifs. We copy the name of the artboard, select that artboard. Then go to export > save for web (legacy) or (OPT SHIFT COMMAND S) and choose the options that apply. Then paste the naming from the artboard and choose where to save the file. No fun when you have to do that 15 times and sometimes for 3-4 different mastheads. Going through these steps 60 times or more if there are edits or corrections seems insane. Any suggestions appreciated! 

TOPICS
Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michellem7082142, are you making animated gifs? If so, I would also like to know of an automated approach.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @m1b : These are actually for static GIFs. I was just reminded that we witched to pngs so it's not pressing but still seems odd that the option isn't available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about "Export for Screens" under the File > Export?

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 10.53.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Disposition_Dev We actually do use export for screens to batch export many mastheads as pngs. This was our workaround but we had to test the performance of the pngs vs the gifs with our tech team before making the switch. I just don't understand why gifs weren't included in the export for screens panel to begin with as it would've saved us a ton of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines