• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Clean Up These Shapes?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am converting a Sanborn map into a Nollie map. I have singled out the rough building outlines using Photoshop color selection, then I used Illustrators Image Trace to vectorize it. I would like the remaining shape to be orthogonal. For example, When you click on one of the shapes a bounding box appears around your selection (to transform the shape). I would like to convert each shape to the same dimension as its respective bounding box. The edges at the moment are too rough and chaotic. See attached images and file. I'm trying to make this as automated and as close to orthogonal as possible. I have to do this to 50 maps so manual cleanup is not optional to an extent.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Scripting , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

You may try Effects > Convert to Shape > Rectangle without adding additional width and height.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try Effects > Convert to Shape > Rectangle without adding additional width and height.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect thank you! Results were exactly what I needed.

Effects > Convert to Shape > Rectangle > Check Relative > 0 Width and height

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that, you may need to use Object > Expand Appearance to make the effect permanent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines