• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert finalized Illustrator illustration to line illustration?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I create illustrations in Illustrator with colours and shapes like in the example of the Kanye West illustration below. The other day I was experimenting trying to convert the illustration into a line drawing and I ended up with a simple "Command + Y" which resulted in the other example below. I thought it was cool and I tried to save it as a PDF to be able to print it someday but soon I learned the PDF would end up looking the same as the original illustration. Now I am wondering, how can I convert my original illustration (preferrably with a shortcut) into a similar line drawing but with the actual possibility to print it like a line drawing?

Thanks in advance!

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-12 om 12.15.07.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-11-12 om 12.14.55.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a single thin stroke instead of fills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well damn... Why does my brain do this to me? Thanks for your answer! Sometimes I really just don't think about the simple solutions like these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines