• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a layer to so screen is not visible?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Redstorm20123_0-1670108706547.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to get rid of that mosquito net in the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I reposted image. soo you can see it better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's close to impossible to get rid of that.

It would be a job for Photoshop, but even in there it's not possible.

Does it really need to be that specific image? There should be thousands of images looking like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I wanted thart specific image. It kind of looks like an angel, I thought. I remember doing something similar in

IMG_3520.jpg

class.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be even easier to take a nice picture of the sky and paint the clouds into it in the way you like it. Or find angel clouds as clipart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! that is a good suggestion, but I liked this one, because it was real. I appreciate your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get this image? Did you take a picture of the monitor screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! that is a good suggestion, but I liked this one, because it was real. I appreciate your help. 

By @Redstorm20123

I can totally understand that you prefer the real one, but even if you manage to edit out the mosquito net, it won't be the same afterwards. It will lose so much clarity, that it probably won't resemble a cloud anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best you're gonna get is something like this, but it has lost all crispness, so looks really low-res.

I accomplished this by placing 4 copies of the image on top of each other, each set to Lighten, then nudging each layer in a different direction to "fill in" the dark areas of the net: one left, one right, one up, and one down, then using some Noise reduction (Median) and Gaussian Blur, and then working with curves to get a better tonal look.

Try that with your full picture and see if it works for you.

IMG_3524_4-try.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a tough one and definitely one NOT for illustrator but Photoshop.
Do you need the question to be moved to the relevant forum?

That said. I remember a plug-in I used a while ago that was called FFT (fast fourrier transform) that was used in conjunction with a specific brush to remove tiny patterms (Like paper patterns in old photos). It worked with various degrees of success and LOTS of elbow grease (definitely not a click and run type of filter - maybe a request for a neural filter is in order? 😁)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb4XFNC4MvU
But it's still for Photoshop.
So if all fails, you'll have to blur it somehow (try Brad @ Roaring Mouse 's method)

In the future, if it happens again, know that you can get rid of it at the shooting stage by setting a shallow depth of field and firmly setting the focus point on the sky. That means that on a mobile phone, you'll have to tell the phone to focus not on what it decides to, but where you want it to be (Generally by pressing on the screen where the angel is and keep pressed to lock it there. Check your phone help files to check if it's the right way, depending on the model)
I know it doesn't help much, but it may help in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines