• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Create an Automatically-Updating PDF or Main AI File

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone think of how to make a PDF file--which is composed of multiple, "linked" files--that will automatically update when any of those linked / attached files are edited?

The problem I've noticed when I have a main AI file with linked AI files in it, then save the main AI as a PDF, is that--if I go into the linked AI files, create a new artboard with new graphics, and/or if I rearrange the order of the artboards--not all of these changes will generate in the main AI file to where these files have been linked, which means I can't simply open that main AI file, have it automatically update, and save a new PDF file with the new edits.

Basically, how can I "link" in multiple AI files into one, main AI file in which each of those "linked" AI files will be treated holistically and not as select artboard pages?

My end goal is to be able to make a PDF file--or very least, a main AI file--that will automatically update with the changes I make in the linked AI files. If there are thoughts on how to go about this in a different way with the same end result, please share!

TOPICS
Feature request , Scripting , Sync and storage , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New artboards in linked files won't show in the main file.

Apart from that, take a look at the Illustrator preferences - there is a section about handling linked files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines