• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to curve a sticker in Illustrator?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new to Ai & I don't normally have to do anything on the creative side.  I am stuck.  I need a third label (label being the red square with our Logo) to "curve" up the left side to look like it's a sticker on a roll.  I've tried warping effects but nothing looks right.  I asked someone who suggested photoshop but I have no photoshop experience.  Can someone help or make a suggestion for what tools I can use?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

A couple ideas. Make the sticker a brush and apply it to a shirt curved line. Make spree sticker a symbol and map it onto a cylinder.

Draw a circle then go to Effects > 3D > Extrude and bevel. Extrude the circle to make a cylinder and play with rotation to get the position right. Thickness isn't important because you'll hide the cylinder. Click on Map Art and use the label which you made into a symbol. Click invisible geomer5y so only the label shows. Scale, rotate, and position the label as des

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple ideas. Make the sticker a brush and apply it to a shirt curved line. Make spree sticker a symbol and map it onto a cylinder.

Draw a circle then go to Effects > 3D > Extrude and bevel. Extrude the circle to make a cylinder and play with rotation to get the position right. Thickness isn't important because you'll hide the cylinder. Click on Map Art and use the label which you made into a symbol. Click invisible geomer5y so only the label shows. Scale, rotate, and position the label as desired. It's a bit of a crap shii5, since the feature is buggy and very weak. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! I'm going to try your suggestions now.  I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope you found your answer. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate response correct. If you used any other method, you can share it with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

Let us know if you still have any concern, we'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

I Wrote and posted a new blog about sticker design ideas. Can any one share your thoughts about it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines