• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete Swatch libraries that I created from list?

Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Is there a way to delete the libraries I created at the bottom of the list?

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 1.59.02 PM.png

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

I see, I tried saving to the desktop and I got the same results as you did.

try saving them in the designated folders, for user defined libraries the standard folder is 

C:\Users\canto\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings\en_US\x64\Swatches

for application library, save in the folder previously posted. However you won't be able to save directly from Illustrator since it's a system folder. You could save to the desktop and move the file yourself using finder/explorer. By saving

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check if you see the Swatch files are in the presets folder, if they're there, just delete them or move them to another folder.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Presets\en_US\Swatches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you for your answer.

When I restarted, they disappeared. But I created new ones for test purposes, and I want to remove them without having to do a restart again.

I'm on a MAC.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't seem to be there:

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 3.25.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted Illustrator and they were gone. It would be nice not having to restart, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you create the libraries you're trying to delete? they must be saved on a specific folder.

why don't you create a new one, and right before you save, you take a note of the location? and let us know 🙂

those files are live, once you know the location, they should disappear from the menu without needing to restart once you removed them from it's location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did create the libraries and saved them on my desktop.

The libraries are still visible from the list even if I delete them from the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, I tried saving to the desktop and I got the same results as you did.

try saving them in the designated folders, for user defined libraries the standard folder is 

C:\Users\canto\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings\en_US\x64\Swatches

for application library, save in the folder previously posted. However you won't be able to save directly from Illustrator since it's a system folder. You could save to the desktop and move the file yourself using finder/explorer. By saving to those 2 folders you can add/delete files without having to restart illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to save a library and have a good look where it is saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac it is username > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator 25 > your language > Swatches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines