• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable or prevent illustrator web content from starting? (100%CPU)

Contributor ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to disable or prevent illustrator web content from starting? It consumes 100% cpu

After killing it, everything is normal so apparently it is not needed.

OS Catalina, ILL 27.5

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Hello @Stackola,

Thanks for the update. Our team is currently investigating this issue and is working to fix this in a future update. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/46598113) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i think the new version of illustrator is not supporting your computer current specs so it is better to install the older version which was working fine for you...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i7 16GB and 2gig radeon... 

What am I going to buy myself a weather simulation machine to make this illustrator work 🙂 ?

It is a kind of overkill that by some bloatware unnecessary service, you write to me "not supporting your computer current specs".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm not hiding the fact that I'm more interested in how to disable an unnecessary process than in how to install an older illustrator, anything on this topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Stackola,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under a different administrator account (macOS) and checking if it helps?

Also, try installing the beta version of Illustrator (27.7) (https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html) and sharing your observations.

If the issue persists, kindly share a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing a beta on a production station is not an option.
I reported to support and got this number E-000928555

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Stackola,

Thanks for the update. Our team is currently investigating this issue and is working to fix this in a future update. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/46598113) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is using up all my CPU for the last few months loading content it cannot find or locate?  The above instructions are not helping me either. So frustrated I cannot use the product I'm paying for and cannot get my work done without having to fix it myself. Why release a version that is this destructive to work flow and direct people to a support group?  Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Jhoch,

Sorry to hear about this experience and for the delayed response. Would you mind trying to update the OS to the latest version and trying to run Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the directions here, to disable your illustrator web content.

Please let us know your results.

My illustrator web content is using 0% on Monterey and  AI 27.5

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 6.36.39 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've found it, and I've tried it, but I can't find any extension this way

(Mine, on the other hand, in the attachment 😉 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines