• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to divide a picture into different artboard seamleely?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a set of printing files for several panels which will be connected with each other. So the patterns need to be connected seamlessly in each panel. One artboard in Ilustrator will be printed as one panel. What is the best way to divide the patterns over each artboard? Also needs to consider the margins and bleed. For example, there is 5mm pattern on each side will not be shown (let's say be folded back to the panel).

To be more clear, I have some diagrams here:

1.pngthe blue box is the artboard, the lemon pattern is what I want to fill in the artboar.

3.png

consider the margin/bleed, the black area is where the patterns are really shown. patterns outside the black area will be invisible (folded back to the panel).

4.png

like this, the lemon pattern inside the black frame in each artboard needs to be connected seamlessly in the end.

Anyone know a efficient way to do this? I am doing it now in a very time-consuming, low efficient way by using clipping mask.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Set up the artboards so that they "kiss" each other and then export this with bleed.

And also: ask the print house about file specifiations first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines