• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit the text in photo stock images

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you edit the text in the photo stock images? And by that I mean change the text not just change the color and size, position etc. I mean it says like "put your name here".  I have searched the forums and online and not been able to find the answer to this. What is the use of having these templates if you can't change the text without recreating everything. I am a self-taught novice with the use of photoshop and illustrator but I can usually figure it out or find the answers online.  I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this problem. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you download?

Your template file should be a *.psd file type for Photoshop or a *.ai file type for Illustrator. You can't edit a *.jpg or *.png file.

In Photoshop you'll find a text layer in the Layer Panel. You can edit it with the text tool.

In Illustrator click with the text tool on the template text.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Stock Photo Images" by name would denoted that this is an image and not a template ready for live text edits. What file type are you using? What program are you trying to do text edits in? If it's an Illustrator file and you switch to Outline View you should see some sort of text object. If you aren't keen to Outline View try going to the Menu>Select>Object>All Text Objects. This will select all the text object in the file. If none are selected by invoking this you may have only an image without live text objects. If the Text can be seen in Outline view but are only vectors (Outlined Type) you can remove them and set the type as you desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you elaborate on this statement?

"If the Text can be seen in Outline view but are only vectors (Outlined Type) you can remove them and set the type as you desire."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's still text, then it will be filles with black in outline view. If it's just lines, then it's been converted to a shape. In that case: delete it and make new. Please check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1hwK4RwGxY 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most stock images text is outlined, because that is a requirement by the stock distributors.

So: no text editing in stock vector graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Monica. I think you've answered my question. I agree with the original poster though, what's the point in downloading an award certificate if you can't enter the text you want into it. Adobe does a terrible job explaining how to use Stock vector files. Mine is not an image, it is an AI file but I can't do anything with the text because it is outlined. I see no need for a subscription to Adobe Stock, as it serves no functional purpose for me. I can get images cheaper elsewhere. Adobe: Fail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why would they sell a stock vector file which has a logo and the text "Company Name" and "Your Slogan Here" if it can't be edited?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nsacky123  schrieb

So why would they sell a stock vector file which has a logo and the text "Company Name" and "Your Slogan Here" if it can't be edited?

Don't ask me this. Because I don't understand either.

I aslo don't understand why someone would buy an item for their company that everyone else uses as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All texts should be outlined as a requirement for any microstock agency. I guess it's because of problems that could arise from the font copyright violations and buyers that will not have a specific font that would result in broken text/design and which consequently would lead to extra load on customer service. 

EPS + JPG file is an industry-standard.  

An exception could be marketplaces like CreativeMarket, GraphicRiver or similar where it's allowed to upload various file formats. 

For our digital products, we are using Selz - an online e-commerce platform that allows uploading any file formats. 

We are a small team of creators and for most of our content, we're adding editable text .ai files and a link to specific open source font so the files become more usable. By the way, feel free to suggest what file formats could be most useful for you (for example transparent PNG or SVG) and we may consider adding these in the future. 

If you're interested - our work could be seen here: www.vectormine.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if the creator would identify the font - that would help although it would be great if there was a way that the .ai downloads would be linked to Adobe fonts which one could alter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines