• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

how to embed thumb into eps file without destroying editability?

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i have 1000s eps files from unknown sources. some of this dont have thumb embeded. how to embed tif color thumb into eps file without destroying editability like illustrator private data etc?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thumbnails are just a separate PostScript object/ datachunk and in the worst case could probably copy & pasted together in a code editor after the TIFF has been saved as a EPS. The specifics depend on the actual EPS version, though. Other than that you can likely "inject" thumbnails using standalone tools like TeXPDF or a Python library like PyPI. It's a bit nerdy and not easy to understand or get working at times, but if you really need it, it may be worth investigating.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @kajzica,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the suggestions shared by Mylenium helped resolve the problem. If not, 

kindly record an action for exporting your EPS files with previews and then use the Batch command to process the entire folder of EPS files for which you want the same attribute. You may learn more about this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/automation-actions.html.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i resolve keyword part via diy custom metadata script for bridge. but i stuck in thumb embeding part. yes, i can save action in illustrator but how to avoid dialogs for missing fonts etc? this is reason why i want some non destructive way to embed thumbs into eps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines