• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to export 3d logo I made in Illustrator so it retains scalability [Illustrator 27.3.1]

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a logo in Illustrator and rendered it with Ray Tracing. But I guess that rasterizes it so it's no longer scaleable vector art? I'm trying to export it to Photoshop to see how it looks both in print and on web and create mockups. However, it loses it's quality no matter how I export it. Please help!! I'm using Illustrator 27.3.1

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

It's pixel based artwork after Raytracing. It can't be vector based. You can set a higher resolution in the Document raster effects settings to be able to enlarge it (maybe only slightly)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

I would not generally say that.

But if you have a 3D logo, there should be a fallback that works in black and white. And maybe that fallback should rather be the standard version of your logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pixel based artwork after Raytracing. It can't be vector based. You can set a higher resolution in the Document raster effects settings to be able to enlarge it (maybe only slightly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Monika Gause got it, so as a general rule I guess it's not a great idea to use Illustrator's 3D tool for logos? (I'm a Graphic Design student, so I don't have much real world experience yet - I appreciate your response)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not generally say that.

But if you have a 3D logo, there should be a fallback that works in black and white. And maybe that fallback should rather be the standard version of your logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds good, thanks for the responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines