• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export as svg while (consistently) preserving text?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some design files which I need to export to svg. Even when the Font flag as set to "svg", rather then "convert to outlines", I find that AI does not consistently export text elements as svg text and will often "squash" text into a paths, which is unnacceptable for our puporses. In our case, it's more important that the text be preserved than it is for it to be pixel-perfect. I have fiddled with the font setting, hoping that by removing type-treatment, I would make some progress but so far, even the default fonts like Times New Roman, exhibit this mis-behavior. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 2.15.11 PM.pngNote that I have already found this setting and it does not appear to work as I expect.

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 2.15.35 PM.png

This is an example of improper output. The text as been "squashed" into paths.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any special justification settings applied to the text?

Ligatures? Kerning?

What kind of text is it? Point text? Area text? What is the difference to the text that doesn't get outlined?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines