• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export EPS content to PSD?

Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an experienced Photoshop user but a total Illustrator noob. I purchased some star effects in EPS format from Shutterstock thinking I could use Illustrator to convert them for use in Photoshop. The problem is that if I simply open the EPS into Illustrator and export it to PSD, I get an single layer PSD just 125 pixels wide. 

When I examine the EPS in Illustrator, the Layers menu displays what appears to be hundreds of "groups" and subgroups containing more subgroups. I'm confused. Is there a quick remedy for this weirdness? Thanks. Illustrator 26.0.3, Windows 11

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

You cannot use this in Photoshop. You want to exxchange the background, right? You have to do that in Illutrator, because you cannot get the blending modes across

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiqm5hdQA5A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you just open the EPS file in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Mensinger, thank you for the response. I tried opening the EPS in Photoshop, but I get the same problem. The default size is 125 pixels; if I import at 6000 pixels, I just get a 125 pixel single-layer raster image scaled up to 6000 pixels--with the checkerboard included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shutterstock makes a 6000 pixel JPG of the asset available, and while it is higher resolution, it includes the checkerboard background. (Shutterstock tech support suggested I try a "background remover" tool.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use this in Photoshop. You want to exxchange the background, right? You have to do that in Illutrator, because you cannot get the blending modes across

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiqm5hdQA5A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Monika Gause, thank you for the link! This addresses my issue. I purchased these EPS stars thinking they would be a simple port to Photoshop, but apparently not. That said, it would not hurt me to learn a little more about Illustrator--and maybe these stars will yet be salvagable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines