Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to extend artboard export size?

Engaged ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people!
I am doing a mockup of a PDF Presentation for mobile. Here is the image. It is a regular size for a short landing page, nothing extrordinary really...

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-17 a la(s) 17.37.09.png

The artboard size is 1080 px wide for 14,000 px long. I read in some post that the very maximum exporting size of an artboard as PNG or PDF is 5050 milimiters (or 14,300 pixels).  Is there any way... script, third party software or app that i could extend this Artboard or the general WorkSpace? I need an extra 1000 pixels to add a photo. 

I suppose i could reduce 50% everything but is it not the same as working in the right resolution. 

Thanks for any help or ideas, i am really stuck with this issue. 

Best,

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Hello @SebastiaoV,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the suggestions shared by Mylenium helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try using Photoshop to make the presentation and then export it as a PDF to check if it helps.

I would request you try the steps shared in this HelpX article to get started: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/use-illustrator-artwork-in-photoshop.html.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to extend the canvas in Acrobat once you have generated your PDF and then paste in that extra image at the end. Overall the whole approach sounds weird, though. Why not simply build this in Animate or an online simulation tool? such a large PDF may not even load on soem devices...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip 🙂
The PDF is a presentation for mobile. Mabye Adobe XD is easier. I never worked on Animate and i needed to send this sample fast so no time to learn a new software but it keep it in mind for the future. It was good to work in Illustrator because it is static and i could later print some part if i need it.

I just solved it making two large Artboards and merging the PDF afterward. It not perfect because there is a small gap but it is a solucion i guess, haha. 

Animation if for doing websites, mockups or like After Effects? Maybe Adobe XD is more easy for this?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @SebastiaoV,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the suggestions shared by Mylenium helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try using Photoshop to make the presentation and then export it as a PDF to check if it helps.

I would request you try the steps shared in this HelpX article to get started: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/use-illustrator-artwork-in-photoshop.html.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Anubhav,
Thanks for the suggestion on importing the file on Photoshop. Interesting solution as well 😉

By the way, is there any chance that Illustrator linked images could have the very very important feature as InDesign which is "reveal in the Finder"? That is so helpful and increase productivy as well. Is there any place i might suggest this add on?

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines