• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix "can't save text library asset" error?

Participant ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm a bit of a newbie to Illustrator and have apparently added something bad to my library. When I try to close the document, I get this helpful message:

"Couldn't save changes to the library asset. A Text library asset can contain only one text element. Ensure that the document has only one text element and save again."

I don't know what to do with this information. I went through my library assets and deleted any text things that looked a little unusual, but I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for. Meanwhile, I can't save my document until I remove the offending asset. Any advice very much appreciated!

-- Bill

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

As an update, I "saved as" my file with a different name, and that seems to have solved the problem for some reason. No idea what's going on here if just renaming the file fixed the problem!

-- Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an update, I "saved as" my file with a different name, and that seems to have solved the problem for some reason. No idea what's going on here if just renaming the file fixed the problem!

-- Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines