• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to grade a pattern in 2023 Adobe Illustrator

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to grade my patterns but unable to. I am going to the Transform but when I input how much it starts deleting my image. Can someone help me through the steps how to grade a pattern in the new 2023 AI? 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really understand your question. Can you show something and describe the steps you are taking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, I should have been more specific. I am trying to grade a bodice for a sewing pattern, but it keeps deleting my image when I do the transform part. I hope the picture is more helpful. I know how to grade using the earlier versions from Utube, but I have the 2023 version which is different. If someone knows the steps and can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is hidden? Can you check the Links panel an click on Go to Link and check the Layers panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Grade"? Illustrator is being used for a whole lot of different things and only few people are in fashion.

Can you please tell us what exactly you are doing step by step? The functions you are using in Illustrator? And please show screenshots that include the Layers panel and the appearance panel. Object selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to grade sewing patterns in Adobe 2023, you know grading sewing patterns for different sizes but it is very different then the past versions. People use Illustrator to produce their PDF sewing patterns. Grading is one thing they produce different sizes using Illustrator. I know how to do past versions but evidently 2023 is very different to grade sewing patterns. I have 2023 version. I need help from someone who knows the steps in 2023 version to grade patterns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQl_v9rcYNA&t=439s. The youtube video is a past version, but it seems noone knows how to grade sewing patterns in 2023 AI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pattern Grading in Adobe Illustrator

- Pattern grading is the process of creating different sizes of a garment pattern based on a set of measurements and grading rules.
- Adobe Illustrator is a vector graphics software that can be used to create and edit pattern pieces digitally.
- To grade a pattern in Adobe Illustrator, you need to follow these steps:

- Create a base size pattern using the Pen tool, the Shape tool, or by importing an existing pattern file.
- Label each pattern piece with its name, size, grainline, and seam allowance using the Text tool and the Line tool.
- Group each pattern piece and its labels together using the Selection tool and the Object > Group command.
- Copy and paste each pattern piece to create as many sizes as you need using the Selection tool and the Edit > Copy and Edit > Paste commands.
- Adjust the size of each pattern piece according to the grading rules using the Direct Selection tool, the Scale tool, or the Transform panel.
- Align each pattern piece with its corresponding base size piece using the Align panel or the Smart Guides feature.
- Check the accuracy of your grading by measuring the distances between key points on each pattern piece using the Measure tool or the Document Info panel.
- Save your graded pattern as an Illustrator file or export it as a PDF file using the File > Save or File > Export commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. That's what I needed help with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked. Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to here that it helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines