• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make Illustrator's Recent Files show only .AI files and not other formats

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will never want to open the .jpgs I exported out of AI in Illustrator. I don't want to see JPGs in my recent files list. Is there a way  to NOT show them? I only want to see .AI files in Recent Files.

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird because "Recent" only shows Ai files.

Ai recent filesAi recent files

Can you share a screenshot with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.jpgs in recent files.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out. Adobe Illustrator shows all supported formats you opened in Recent section. If you only want Ai files then you may use the Sort feature to keep .Ai files in the beginning.  There is no way to remove the other formats from the list completely.

I am attaching a screenshot as well for your reference:

image.png

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not seem entirely accurate.  My "recent" file list definitely shows the JPGs I exported from my artboards.  I never opened any of the JPGs in Illustrator. 

What's funny is the preview thumbnail of those JPGs shows the entire AI file (grid of multiple artboards) and not the actual image of the JPG itself.

It's quite annoying, and seems like something that should be changed.  Why would I want to open a JPG in Illustrator anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and have the same frustration. I export lots of files - jpg, dxf, svg - and all of these show in the recent docs at startup. I would never open any of these in Illustrator and sorting through them to find the AI file just doesn't feel like something I should have to do.

We should have an easy one-time click button to only show AI project files with every start up. I don't want to sort stuff every time I open the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines