• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to print sharp vectors

Engaged ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm printing a vector file (it is a vector, I created it) from illustrator with a Canon inkjet on photographic paper. Whatever settings I use the vector and type prints pixelated.

I've tried numerous times even setting raster effects to 300dpi even though there's no effects on the artwork.

I saved my artwork to test as print-ready pdf and printed from Acrobat...hey my artwork is sharp as intended! Just one problem, Acrobat doesn't allow me to print borderless... I tried printing the same pdf from illustrator and we're back to pixelation.

What is going on here? 

I used to be a graphic designer and prepare artwork for print, I never had this problem which is proving to be very expensive.

Can someone detail exactly what all settings should be so that a circle is a circle? I'm starting to suspect this is a bug...

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported to tiff and printed from PSD. All good, except again I can't print borderless!!!!! This is frustrating as.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably your printer doesn't have a PostScript RIP built in, so that's expected. Print stuff from Acrobat, because opening in Photoshop will rasterize it.

As for the border: I assume your printer can't do borderless. It's the hardware, has nothing to do with the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the printer does do borderless, as I said it prints borderless from illustrator but the option is not there when printing from anything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your only option is to print from Acrobat. So you maybe want to ask in the Acrobat forum how to get the printer to print borderless. There might be a difference whether you're printing from Reader or the Pro version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines