Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How to print zoomed in area only

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a map that has multiple layers. However, I need to print only a smaller section of the map (a zoomed in area). How do I create a PDF of only the zoomed in area?  I would think I should use a clipping mask - but I can't seem to get that work over the multiple layers that make up the map.

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

You could try to create a rectangle the size of your zoomed area , select it and go Object > Arboards > Convert To Artboards.

File > Export > Export for Screens > Export only your just created artboard to PDF (with the preset you have selected).

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way would be to make a copy of your file, select all layers and merge them. Create a new layer showing only the zoomed in section of the map you want to print, save as a layered pdf. In Acrobat, set the zoomed in layer properties to "print and never view" and set the other layer properties to "view and never print"*. This would only work when the pdf was viewed in Acrobat or Reader or a pdf viewer that respects layer properties.

*or simply make a 2 page pdf.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try to create a rectangle the size of your zoomed area , select it and go Object > Arboards > Convert To Artboards.

File > Export > Export for Screens > Export only your just created artboard to PDF (with the preset you have selected).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines