Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to "unstick" grouped panels?

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI CC 2015, Mac.

I usually have two or three sets of "grouped" panels that freely float as separate elements. I notice they are now stuck together and I don't have a clue how to get them apart without a several-step process. Is there a way to simply drag them apart, with a secret key combination?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rcraighead​,

no there is IMO no secret shortcut.

But save your workspace.

Drag the palettes apart (by hand)

Save another workspace

Now you can quickly change your palettes as floating or separate elements through changing workspaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I've saved hundreds of workspaces over the years. I don't remember having issues with stacked columns sticking together though. I can drag the sets out one-by-one and save a new workspace, but it would sure make sense to be able to simply drag the column free of each other. I really think Adobe out thought themselves on panels and "docking" panels. Not intuitive at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag and drop panels to different tabs.

Once you like the workspace save it.

Great workflow is to save your workspace.

chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now your cursor is on the very of the Paragraph panel. It needs to be just to the right of the Open Type panel and to the left of the widgets to move those three panels.

You have more room with Layers. Drag to the right of the tab name. And then to the right of the Color Guide name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Place your cursor on the panel name like here on "character" and move it apart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines