• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reduce file size produced by Export For Screens?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Can someone please suggest why does Illustrator create so unreasonable large JPG while exporting for screens and how do I make them smaller? For example, the same artboard file exported with EFS goes to 1.4Mbytes (Jpg-80 preset) while good old Save for Web with 80% Quality makes it 400kbytes only.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about the actual content, resolution settings and other stuff we can't really tell you much. Simply sounds like there's a tom of extra metadata and/ or the settings are off.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content does not matter now. It has always been like that since EFS was released no matter what. I can not to see any related settings in the export dialog but there are not much of settings actually.  That's why I'm asking for help.

Here is the sample: EFS produced 276 Kb file, SWF: 191 Kb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Andrii Kulikov,

Thanks for reaching out. As suggested by Mylenium, there could be various reasons for the file size to be more significant when using Export for Screens. Would you mind sharing the exported files so we can check them on our end?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @Anubhav Majumder 

I've attached settings screenshots to my earlier reply to Mylenium. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Andrii Kulikov,

Thanks for confirming that, and sorry for the late response. Kindly try changing the settings for Export for Screens to use Progressive instead of Baseline for the compression settings and check if it helps.

AnubhavMajumder_0-1663363524900.png

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines