• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to remove lines outside the edges

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does anyone know how to remove the parts of the rectangles that bleed out to the right of the curved line (see screenshot)? I tried eraser but it just makes the rectangles smaller.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do it a few different ways, but I would cut the rectangles, switch to Draw Inside mode, and paste in place.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you so much! I am completely new to Illustrator so didn't know Draw Inside mode was a thing. Do you know how I can change the bounds (perforated lines) of the draw inside mode? I want the rectangles to go to the left edge, but they stop within the bounds of the curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be whatever shape you pasted the rectangles into. It doesn't have to be one of your visible shapes--it could be a shape with a fill/stroke of None.

Let me know if this makes any sense--it IS Friday...

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines