• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to replace a color by pantone in many graphs

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created many graphs in two colors, but now I need to change one of them to a Pantone color, but I couldn't find the option replace color as in Indesign, I mean when I want to eliminate one color of my swatches library the program gives an option to eliminate or change, is it possible in Illustrator? I would not like to change them manually.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

You can merge the swatches.

In the Swatches palette, first click the Pantone swatch, then Shift or Cmd click the swatch you want to "remove". After that choose the Merge Swatches command in the Swatches palette flyout menu.

Another way would be using the Recolour Artwork route (see Edit menu).

Votes

Translate

Translate

The current color needs to a global swatch. And then you can replace it with another global swatch respectively a spot color.

Use the "Merge Swaches" command from the panel menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

This is one of the features that is a little different in Illustrator than it is in InDesign.

If you wish to replace one Swatch color in a file with another Swatch Color, do the following:

1. In the Swatches panel, click on the Swatch that is the relacemrent Swatch (with no objects selected)
  2. Command (Control on Windows) + click on the Swatch you wish to replace, so both Swatches are selected
  3. Under the Options of the Swatches panel, choose Merge Swatches

This should replace the new Swatch with the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can merge the swatches.

In the Swatches palette, first click the Pantone swatch, then Shift or Cmd click the swatch you want to "remove". After that choose the Merge Swatches command in the Swatches palette flyout menu.

Another way would be using the Recolour Artwork route (see Edit menu).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current color needs to a global swatch. And then you can replace it with another global swatch respectively a spot color.

Use the "Merge Swaches" command from the panel menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the features that is a little different in Illustrator than it is in InDesign.

If you wish to replace one Swatch color in a file with another Swatch Color, do the following:

1. In the Swatches panel, click on the Swatch that is the relacemrent Swatch (with no objects selected)
  2. Command (Control on Windows) + click on the Swatch you wish to replace, so both Swatches are selected
  3. Under the Options of the Swatches panel, choose Merge Swatches

This should replace the new Swatch with the old and be applied thoughout your document.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! it worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Jeff! I couldn't find this answer in Support for the life of me & it's so simple!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines