Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reset Asset numbers in Asset Export Panel in Illustrator

Explorer ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys, me again sorry

How do I reset the numerotation assigned to files in workflow exporter to a convenient 0

(I have 140 icon to export)

Thanks

Capture d’écran 2019-05-07 à 11.56.50.png

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid, I did not understand your query due to the language issue. To help you with this issue we would need a few more details like:

• To which format you are exporting?
  • What is the exact workflow you are following? Please share a small video if possible.
  • Which operating system and version of Illustrator you are working on?

We’re here to help, just need more information.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

-> When trying to drag a vector icon (I just drawn) into the export workflow window to have these icons in png for example, Illustrator name it like : file 1, file 2, file 3    etc.

-> after few added / removed icons( I have hundred of icons to export) files are named: file 351, file 352, file 353 etc.

-> Each time I erase some icons and re-add ones, the number increase like : file 451, files 452 etc.

-> I want to knw how I can reset the process, so I can drag icons into this window and have : file 1, file 2 etc… again, instead of : file 491, file 42, etc.etc.

actually I'm doing this manually, but its time-consuming

hope you'll understand, sorry for my awful english

thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to export using Asset Export panel?

I am afraid that there is no way we can reset this, however, it sounds like a great feature request. Would request if you can share this feature request here: Adobe Illustrator Feedback

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Remove the assets from the asset export panel. Close illustrator and start Illustrator again, and your numbers will have a fresh start.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. I removed the assets, closed the file and Illustator. The asset numbering remembers values that are no longer there. Sweet ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new document. Copy and paste the assets you want to export into your new document and the asset export panel numbering begins at 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try creating a new document. Copy and paste the assets you want to export into your new document and the asset export panel numbering will begin at 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines