• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to scroll in the layers panel while holding an object?

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had a MacBook as a test device to work with Illustrator and I noticed I can grab an object in the layers panel and scroll on my mouse while holding it to move up and down in the layers panel, instead of waiting for the Illustrator Auto Scroll.

Now I'm back on my Windows and I can't grab an object and simultaneously scroll in the layers panel with my mouse.

I had the newest AI version installed on both devices. Is this a Windows thing or do I have some settings turned on/ off?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @LisaPrzy,

Sorry to hear about the experience. I would request you to share a small video recording demonstrating the issue. It would be beneficial for us to understand the problem and assist you accordingly.

Also, I would request you try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and share your observations with us.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines