• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to select some specific1 anchor points of many polygons?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to select the same corner points of many polygons (which were multiplied by transform effect) to get a curve at once. 

Please check the file attached, I hope I had depicted it better there...

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dinçer Dinç,

How about the Lasso Tool (after locking any objects with Anchor Points that may get in the way, such as maybe (the top Anchor Point of) the circle in the centre)?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/selecting-objects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jacob. It's enlightened my way.

Now, I've come to a point where it is around 1500 pieces.

I tried "Join" and "Flatten Transparency" but couldn't have them in 1 solid piece. I think, I can do it with Pen Tool by clicking 1500x2 times but I'd be delighted if there's an easy way to unify them without changing the outer shape.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In png, it might be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dinçer,

as far as I can see, based on the example you provided, currently there are no automated ways to do the desired selections in one shot.

But: There may be some other routes to do what you want without having to click with the Pen tool thousands of times.

To check that, can you please share a sample Illustrator file with some instructions that explain your final goal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lasso helped me with reducing the number of shots. Now I am able to select them (with the lines they were already attached.

If  the two edges of the lines combined, it's accomplished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was thinking of a completely different approach based on the sample you showed in your initial post.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I even understand the other screenshots you provided that just show pale grey spirals.

Perhaps I just don't get the point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dinçer,

I wonder whether the most straightforward way could be to simply use the Spiral Tool with the right settings which depend on the exact kind of spiral, see Draw Spiral here,

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/drawing-simple-lines-shapes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dincer, if all you really want is a spiral, I would use the Spiral Tool as Jacob suggested.

I was able to recreate your spiral by using these settings.

K

Spiral Tool.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines