• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use web files on Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded transparent smoke background. It was free on Vecteezy site. When I try opening it up and using in Illustrator, it shows black and white background with the smoke. I just want to use the smoke but having trouble getting rid of the background. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

This is caused by the ancient Illustrator 10 file format that is required by every stock service on the planet.

Due to it people have to build the effect in a way that you need to put a background into the file directly inside of Illustrator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiqm5hdQA5A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just because it came from vecteezy doesn't mean it's vector art... and just because it's in an ai/eps/pdf/svg file doesn't mean it's vector art.

Can you share the file in question so we can inspect the art and find out if it is proper vector and if so, how to properly extract what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen shot of your file with the layers panel open and expanded? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Natasha25794523uksu,

Thanks for reaching out. As suggested by Dilliam, it could be possible that the design itself is not a vector art even if the file is saved in a vector format such as AI/SVG/PDF. Would you mind sharing the link to the file so we can check it on our end? Also, kindly provide some screenshots of the Layers Panel expanded as suggested by SJRiegel so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is caused by the ancient Illustrator 10 file format that is required by every stock service on the planet.

Due to it people have to build the effect in a way that you need to put a background into the file directly inside of Illustrator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiqm5hdQA5A

Due to stock companies' ancient file requirements, clip arts with glow effects might be a daunting experience. About this channel: My name is Monika Gause and on this channel I'll be showing tipps and tricks on Adobe Illustrator and other graphics applications. For more than 10 years I've been ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines