• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyphenation

Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a new paragraph style, the Hyphenation option seems to be turned off, but when the style is applied, some words are hyphenationg. I work mostly with Area Type. 

The only way for me to "turn off" hyphenation is by turning it on and increasing the option Words Longer Than to 20 or higher. 

There's also a Hyphenation setting in Preferences but this looks like it's only for adding exceptions which is not remotely close for what I need.

Isn't there a way to just switch off the option?

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload a demo file that contains your text and that paragraph style.

Is the correct language applied to the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator File 

I'm sharing a zipped package file. It's the front of a 6×9 postcard. There is a testimonial in the middle right of the document. The word "endorsement" is getting hyphonated. I applied a paragraph style called Editorial Quotes (screenshot). Hyphenation is turned off.

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 8.00.30 AM.png

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try restoring Illustrator preferences when a program acts unexpectedly:

How to set preferences in Illustrator - Adobe Supporthttps://helpx.adobe.com › illustrator › using ›...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines