• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am sick and tired of "Dimensions of this page are out-of-range"!!

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there a 200 inch page width limitation? I hate it and cannot understand it. And the constant upgrades for these programs never addresses this annoying flaw. Are there any plug-ins out there that could eliminate theae restrictions in Illustrator and Acrobat? Thank you.

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Print and publish , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

There is. Go to File>New and create a document larger than 228". Paste your artwork in that doc. Save as PDF v1.7 or higher or save as AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi what you are making in illustrator ?

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, Ali. It's a vector banner for a cruise, and it measures 216" w x 108" h and I can't save it as a press-ready PDF at 100% size to send to a print vendor. I just scaled the art at 50%, and saved it that way but I just can't understand, in this day and age of powerful computers, why Adobe limits the page size to 200". I was hoping there was a workaround or a plug-in to fix the restriction, this happens every year I do the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is. Go to File>New and create a document larger than 228". Paste your artwork in that doc. Save as PDF v1.7 or higher or save as AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines