• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i-beam missing from dialogue box fields (artboard, font etc)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to change anything withing a dialogue box (eg, change the name of an artboard, change the font size manually) I don't have an i-beam.

I click into the dialogue box field and no input cursor is displayed.

The text or numbers can be changed and highlighted but users are guessing wher the cursor is.

It's annoying. Please fix.  

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Seems the termonology is Ibeam or text for the cursor type)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a normal text input cursor on both panels and modal dialogs (AI 26.5, Windows 10).

What version and system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

26.4.1 on Mac Montery 12.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

26.5 on Mac Montery 12.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. Thanks for sharing the details. Would you mind trying a couple of suggestions and checking if that helps resolve the issue or not:

1. Reset Illustrator preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html)
  2. Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_0-1643745929756.png

Let us know how it goes.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Step 1 - Deleted prefs. This worked for a split second. I could see an Ibeam in the font size dialogue but then clicking on Artboard name it disappeared. An never returned.

Step 2 - Changed the folder name - no changes. Issue persists. (in the hidden fodler I have UXPLogs not UXP?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @onep1xel,

Thanks for trying the steps, and sorry for the delayed response. Would you mind checking if this is happening under Safe Mode? If it does, would you mind creating a new admin user account and seeing if this is happening there as well or not?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines