i can't change 3d color materials in illustrator, may update 2022

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't change 3d color materials in illustrator, I've done the update of May 2022. Can anyone solve this problem?

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No difference with the GPU on or off, sorry.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issue as op. Can't edit any of the materials I was initially able to edit. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, thinking it might have been my workspace settings. Please lmk if there is anything I can do to get this back. I can't even edit the previous objects that I had already changed (the purple one in the ss).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, can confirm that this is also an issue with prior art. Several settings on several materials I previously created are now impossible to change.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you try to re install Illustrator ? but without re install old parameters. I'm going to looking for a solution. 😉 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the ideas I've already tried, but unfortunatley, that didn't fix the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to nag, but this is a seriously show-stopping issue which definitely seems like a bug, and which definitely seems like it's impacting several people. Any further support/help/prioritization on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  All of the properties aside from resolution and repeat are all gone now.  I'm stuck and don't know how to fix the issue.  Does anyone have a resolution yet?  This is what I see now with every material...

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 10.02.29 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest to click the Share Feedback button at the bottom of the 3D and Materials panel.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Has this been solved already? I don't see any solution here. Can't even change the old artwork that I wanted to adjust gold leaf colors...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nop, still a mystery! it seems it doesn't happen to all who updated Ai, not sure if it's only Mac situation. 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it's on v26.3.1 of Illustrator on macOS 12.4 with Apple Silicon.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, the only "solution" I've found has been to revert back to Illustrator v26.2.1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, not sure if this will make a difference, but I reported the bug here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45354793-can-t-...

Do you know of any other portal we can use to make some noise about this? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between here and UserVoice, I'm not quite sure where else to raise the issue. Best thing I can think of is continuing to update this thread so that it's more visible on the main community page.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could join prerelease and try the forums/Slack channels.

It's always difficult with a bug they can't replicate or not all users experience, though.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines