• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i can't change 3d color materials in illustrator, may update 2022

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't change 3d color materials in illustrator, I've done the update of May 2022. Can anyone solve this problem?

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No difference with the GPU on or off, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issue as op. Can't edit any of the materials I was initially able to edit. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, thinking it might have been my workspace settings. Please lmk if there is anything I can do to get this back. I can't even edit the previous objects that I had already changed (the purple one in the ss).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, can confirm that this is also an issue with prior art. Several settings on several materials I previously created are now impossible to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you try to re install Illustrator ? but without re install old parameters. I'm going to looking for a solution. 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the ideas I've already tried, but unfortunatley, that didn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to nag, but this is a seriously show-stopping issue which definitely seems like a bug, and which definitely seems like it's impacting several people. Any further support/help/prioritization on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  All of the properties aside from resolution and repeat are all gone now.  I'm stuck and don't know how to fix the issue.  Does anyone have a resolution yet?  This is what I see now with every material...

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 10.02.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest to click the Share Feedback button at the bottom of the 3D and Materials panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Has this been solved already? I don't see any solution here. Can't even change the old artwork that I wanted to adjust gold leaf colors...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nop, still a mystery! it seems it doesn't happen to all who updated Ai, not sure if it's only Mac situation. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it's on v26.3.1 of Illustrator on macOS 12.4 with Apple Silicon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. I am glad to inform you all that the issue has been resolved with Illustrator v26.4.1 or above.

I am able to see "Main parameters" and 'Position' on MacBook Pro M1 Max.

Please update and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, the only "solution" I've found has been to revert back to Illustrator v26.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, not sure if this will make a difference, but I reported the bug here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45354793-can-t-...

Do you know of any other portal we can use to make some noise about this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between here and UserVoice, I'm not quite sure where else to raise the issue. Best thing I can think of is continuing to update this thread so that it's more visible on the main community page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could join prerelease and try the forums/Slack channels.

It's always difficult with a bug they can't replicate or not all users experience, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Hello, this is happening to me on 2023 27.5.  The properties panel of the 3D menu has disappeared even though I was using it just yesterday.  I have reaf through this entire email chain and did not see a fix.  Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @DanielaVeneziaTextiles,

Thank you for reaching out to us about the issue you are facing with the 3D properties panel missing in Illustrator 2023 27.5. We are sorry to hear that and understand that this is causing inconvenience to your workflow.

To resolve this issue, we recommend that you try resetting the Illustrator preferences by following the steps outlined in this help document (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html).

If resetting the preferences does not resolve the issue, please try reinstalling Illustrator to see if that helps. You can also try using an earlier version of Illustrator to see if the issue is specific to the latest version.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, would you mind confirming the OS version and please check if this is happening in both old or new documents?

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue for you. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does resetting preferences seem to be Adobe support’s favorite suggestion? This rarely fixes issues, and if it does, it’s usually by accident because it’s essentially a nuclear option.

Honestly, it’s pretty disrespectful. It always comes off like “Hey, do you have custom preferences that you’ve curated and customized over years of using our software? Well forget about that — just delete them and move on because of this singular issue that I don’t really know how to help with” 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CypherPoet  schrieb:

“Hey, do you have custom preferences that you’ve curated and customized over years of using our software? 😞

While I can understand your feelings about resetting preferences in general, the "curation of preferences spanning years" just does not happen. Preferences files do not and did never last for such a long time.

The usual procedure is to close the app, rename the preferences folder in the system and then relaunching the app. Your renamed preferences folder can be reanamed back when it did not help.

Also it is always a good idea to backup the preferences after having set them up. So in case of a crash you can restore them easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @CypherPoet,

I understand your frustration. Resetting preferences can sometimes be a helpful troubleshooting step to eliminate the possibility of preferences causing issues. Still, I agree that it should not be the go-to solution for every problem.

As Monika suggested, it's a good idea to back up the preferences folder before resetting preferences. Then later, you can replace inside folders one by one to check which preferences folder is causing the issue.

Regarding your issue, can you please provide more information you are facing in the 3D properties panel?

Please confirm the exact version of OS & Illustrator and share a screenshot of the 3D panel.

This will help us better understand the issue and provide more targeted troubleshooting suggestions.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines