• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't save anything and anywhere but to the cloud.

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Save as” only shows me the “Save to the Cloud” window (attached)

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 10.00.35 AM.PNG

AND the “Save to my computer” button does not work. I am afraid to quit and restart as I might not be able to find/open those files back again. Where is the normal “Save as” window???? 😞 Please help

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only saving them as .aic files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you saved your files already?

Files saved to the Cloud can be found in the "Your files" section that you have open already.

Does Illustrator have full disk access on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monica, Yes. I've always been able to save my files wherever I wanted. I’ve never had an issue like this. It just started happening a few days ago. I can see them in the window, but I don't know how to open them. I just want to return to my usual way of saving my files (Finder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you rebooted your computer?

Did you already try and reset the preferences (this will erase all your settings)

Did you already try and log out of your Adobe account in the Creative Cloud app and then in again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you rebooted your computer? Maybe a week or so ago?

Did you already try and reset the preferences (this will erase all your settings) No

Did you already try and log out of your Adobe account in the Creative Cloud app and then in again? No. I am afraid I will lose some files. I know I can't escape the good-old “restart” 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn this off?

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 10.15.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your Illustrator preferences/File Handling and change your default location to My Computer instead of Creative Cloud.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1664288546537.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I don't have that option. 

😞

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 11.09.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My other question is what happens when you click "dont show again" and then click "on my computer" in the intial save window? That will open the Save As dialog you are familiar with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.41.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.45.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is “Don't show again”? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not tell me the specific version number.

Go to Illustrator>About Illustrator and it will note the specific version in the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 3.25.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a similar issue with Mac OS Monterey earlier this year. What version of Monterey are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see that option either in the 26.5 Mac version (or in the latest prerelease version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing I noticed we didnt try - go to Apple system preferences/Security and Privacy/and add Illustartor to Full Disk Access.

Restart AI.

Does the "On Your Computer" button work now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 10.04.58 AM.png

 Not there. Should I restart the computer as well?

:..(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its in your Apple system preferences - not Adobe.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1664376010190.png

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1664376038486.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @AndreSosa,

We are sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. As Monika suggested, you may try resetting Illustrator preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html). As shown in the video, you may take back up preferences before resetting them. Also, you may try Kevin's suggestion first to provide full disk access to Illustrator from system preferences and check if you are able to save on Mac by choosing the "On your computer" on the save dialog box. If you are still unable to do so, did you get any error or message after clicking the "on your computer" option?

Also, you may visit the CC assets website to check if all the documents are synced or not, so there is no data loss.

Let us know how it goes. We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines