Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot move an object as a whole

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

 

When I try to move an item I edited over it doesn't move the item as a whole. It only moves the original image or the new parts of the image I have edited. I don't know how to move it as a whole as there are so many different pieces to the image. Is there any way I can solve this? In the image above is what happens why I try to move the object 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know which program you are having problems with. Someone will be along to move this post to the appropriate product forum, where you are more likely to get an answer to your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is on illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your Layers pallet, and makes groups and sub-groups of the items that you would like to move as a single object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barney,

You need to have all objects selectable/unlocked.

Then you can ClickDrag over the lot and hold Ctrl/Cmd ahnd press G for Group.

Or you can control it more closely by Grouping some first and then Group the groups.

The highest control is obtaind in the layers panel with the Layer(s) in question expanded.

Objects across Layers will be collected in the highest Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have just tried to do this. I used the mool tool while holing down ctrl and G but it didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out, thank you I just have one more question. when i try to clip the item it doesn't let me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how do i fix this? it just says one or more selected items is needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines