• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a PDF, how do I convert to create vectors so that I can design within the lines?( I'm new)

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to design a paint design for this helmet but would like to break down the lines so that I can design within the lines.

2022-05-18.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure, but maybe Live paint can solve this for you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A PDF can contain vectors, raster images, and/or a combination, so your starting point isn't really clear to we who see your post. The helmet graphic looks like it originated as vector-based art, but your thread title suggests you need to convert; what have to tried so far that lead you to that conclusion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm sorry I am very new. It does have vectors. I can bend and move them. How would I be able to delete some of them to make it look a little cleaner ie. The shading vectors . And then would I create and other layer to draw a design?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you should be able to select and delete elements as desired. Adding your design on one or more separate layers is a good idea, although not a requirement. Layers are largely an organizational tool you use as you see fit. Then you'll be able to lock/unlock and show/hide them to help facilitate and simlipfy subsequent operations.

If you want to use the existing paths as boundaries for fills, effects, or patterns, Monika's Live paint suggestion  and help link will be useful.

Without knowing more about the existing construct, it would be hard to advise you beyond these generalizations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines