• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have to relink already linked pics in my illustrator files

New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to do my work from an external hard disk without problem all these years. One day, suddenly all my working files are locked and i do not have permission to overwrite and I have to relink already linked pics in my illustrator files. I decided to transfer packaged projects to work directly from my desktop to prevent linking problems, but even then, I still have to relink already linked pics in my Links folder to illustrator file.

I have a lot of images so this takes up a lot of my time. Is there a setting or something I missed that will automatically link the files? I do not use icloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Illustrator have full access to the harddrive?

Is the harddrive protected by some antivirus or the like?

Did you change to a user account with fewer privileges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i check if my Illustrator have full access to the harddrive? My hard drive is not protected by any antivirus etc, and i did not change my user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the message: Could not find a plug-in to read the linked file "...". Choose Replace to select another file or Ignore to leave the link unchanged. 

I get this even when I open a file from a properly packaged folder which i downloaded from my google drive. This is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to contact Customer Care and have them check it out remotely.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whay happens if you place your .ai file inside the Links folder then open it? Same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please try changing the parent folder's permissions to Write & Read and "Apply to enclosed items": https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-permissions-for-files-folders-or-disks-mchlp1203/mac

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried this, couldn't work, even right down to the very packaged folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines