• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I imported a vector illustration into my first vector illustration

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodafternoon, I imported a vector illustration into my first vector illustration and now I can't get rid of the outline. I've tried erasing but nothing. Can anyone help? 

Denise21_0-1675882076886.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Hi, I went ahead and just copied and pasted everything into another artboard. I had to align everything again, but it was the only thing that seemed to work. I cecked to see if anything was locked and it wasnt. I also, tried clicking on the box and it just wont budge. However, I'm good to go now. Thankyou so much! I do have another question about scaling but I'll see if there's another post about that first before asking. Thanks a again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which outline is it that gives you issues?

ALso: you could open the other vector file in Illustrator and then copy and pste onle the things you want to have in the new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thankyou for responding so quickly. The problem that I'm having is that when I copy and paste it only brings over the wheel and not all the other art. I tried selecting the layers and doing merge selected first and it still only brings me the wheel. 

Also, it's the small box on the right I want to take out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot copy everything, then maybe some layers or objects are locked. 

In order to be able to delete that box, make sure the placed file is embedded. The try and take the direct selection tool (white arrow) and click on that black line to seldct that rectangle and then just hit delete on the keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I went ahead and just copied and pasted everything into another artboard. I had to align everything again, but it was the only thing that seemed to work. I cecked to see if anything was locked and it wasnt. I also, tried clicking on the box and it just wont budge. However, I'm good to go now. Thankyou so much! I do have another question about scaling but I'll see if there's another post about that first before asking. Thanks a again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! Glad you could solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines