Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need clarification on a question regarding PostScript Fonts in Illustrator

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

We all know that Adobe will not be supporting PostScript fonts from the start of year 2023. Now I am already familiar with this link where Adobe explains it all (https://helpx.adobe.com/ch_de/fonts/kb/postscript-type-1-fonts-end-of-support.html). However, we still have some questions: 

— Will we still be able to open Illustrator-Files that contain PostScript-Fonts?

— If yes, will we be able to edit for example a text-box in Illustrator, which contains a PostScript-Font? Will we be able to click in it and change the font? Or will the box not be locked. 

— Can we keep an older version of Illustrator etc. for opening those files? If yes, which is the latest version, which supports PostScript-Fonts?

Why'm I asking this? If we still can operate on those files, although they contain PostScript-Fonts, then we don't have to go through all of our files to search for those fonts. If we cannot open them, we have to go through all of our clients and search for files with PostScript fonts and change them, which will take a long time.

TOPICS
Print and publish , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. 

1. "Existing Type1 fonts will appear as “Missing fonts” in the document."
  2. "Many fonts published by Adobe Type in the past (such as Adobe Originals) are available from the Adobe Fonts service for free with your Creative Cloud subscription."

So, as I understand: you will be able to open .ai files that contain Postscript files but you will get a “Missing fonts” message, however, you can replace it. Some Postscript fonts could be available on Adobe Fonts and you can use the "auto-install" Illustrator function.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines