I need to keep a color group every time i open illustrator, how do i do that?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a company color group, that we use on almost all illustrations, how do I keep this group in the swatches panel after shut down?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the company color swatches to the Swatches panel.

Remove all other swatches.

Save the swatches as a.ai library

Close the document and create a new one.

Load the company color swatches library and choose Persistent from its menu.

It should be available when you create new document.

Alternatively, create New Document Profiles with those swatches.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also create a company library item and combine all your swatches in there..? Just as another option.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is also a good option, but it needs some workarounds:

Global colors, gradients, brushes and pattern swatches are not supported in CC libraries.

But as a workaround you can drag an object using a brush/pattern/gradient/global color to the CC Library 

You can also drag multiple items using different brushes/patterns/gradients/global colors together into a CC library to simulate a library.

The easiest way to add them to a new document is to hold down the Alt key when you drag them from the library and place them in a new document. The patterns/gradients/global colors automatically get added to your swatches panel.

You can hit escape before you click to place the object(s) or delete the dragged library items because the swatches and brushes are now part of the document.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines