• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to replace all the logos in the file with another png can you help?

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all hi!

We export files from our company program as .PDF files to make them ready to print. But loggos lose quality in this process. So we edit the .PDF files on Illustrator to make them look better. I do mass production so there is basicly over 100 loggos needs to be replaced with another higher quality picture in illustrator. I do this manually(basicly putting in the right loggo with higher resolution and resizing and placing it above one of the old loggo and Alt+click copying them to their place one by one.) Is there any other way to replace all of the loggos in the file and replace them with another .png or picture? (Re-linking doesnt work at all. or am i doing something wrong here?)

in this picture i want to change all the loggos with another .png didnt work what so ever.

Waiting for answers to make my work A LOT easier and quicker. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Just in case: Cmd + D repeat the last transformation so you can drag + option the first time and press Cmd + D to make the others copies at the same distance.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Re-linking doesnt work at all. or am i doing something wrong here?)

Only images that were properly placed and linked in Illustrator would be affected by re-linking, so the embedded ones in your PDF of foreign origin aren't linked in the first place.

As for whether you're "doing something wrong," frankly the entire workflow sounds a bit odd, and you may in fact be doing everything wrong.

We export files from our company program as .PDF files to make them ready to print.

What is "our company program," and how does exporting to .pdf make files any more ready for print? Where and how does the artwork in question originate? Is it not available in a vector format? Can you offer more details about the workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was going to ask the same thing about artwork origination. If the "loggos" are created as vector-based designs they should print razor sharp from the outset without having to attempt editing exported PDFs. It sounds to me like someone in the work-flow chain has a nasty habit of using low resolution, pixel-based images as logo graphics.

Far too much of the general public has zero awareness at all about the differences between vector-based and pixel-based artwork. So they don't think twice about the consequences of using and storing graphics assets such as logos as low quality, pixel-based images. When I ask clients for digital artwork of their logos about 90% of the time they'll email a JPEG image sized for a modest footprint on a web page. Those clients often get annoyed when I reject that artwork, asking for something more professional, something vector-based. "What is vector art?" Me: (face-palm). To them a digital computer file is a digital computer file; it's "perfect" since it's "digital." So I need to stop being incompetent and figure out how to make their garbage art look clean and professional. I also get annoyed by freelance designers creating artwork for small businesses as a side-hustle, that do so using very counter productive methods: like doing all their "logo" design work in Photoshop rather than a vector application like Illustrator. I've had frustrating conversations with some of these people. They're used to Photoshop (or whatever pixel-based image editor they're misusing) and don't want to use/learn any additional applications. I warn them they're causing their clients all kinds of problems and costing them money. Our shop does not do vector re-creations of JPEG logos or other assets for free. Sometimes the freelancer will create the original artwork in vector format but then all he wants to do is export pixel-based JPEG or PNG images to anyone needing copies of the artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines